Trevico
Home - The Baronia - San Nicola Baronia Vai alla versione italiana Sunday 21 October 2018 14:02


Condividi Facebook Google+ Twitter LinkedIn

Town of San Nicola Baronia

Coat of arms of town hall of San Nicola Baronia
Inhabitant: 778 (387M 391F)
Surface: 6,87 Kmq
Altitude: 610 m s.l.m.
Phone Code: 0827
Postal Code: 83050

In the XVI century this locality was just a small country house called S. Nicola de Ripa. In the Middle Ages it was joined to the Barony of Vico. It was fief of Del Balzo, of Carafa and of Caracciolo di S. Vito, which retained it until 1806.
The SS. Annunziata Church was built on the ruins of an ancient church destroyed in the earthquake of 1930. Preserved inside is a valuable painting of the Annunciation from 1700. Attached to the church is a bell tower, having three levels and a town clock.




Copyright 2001-2015 Trevico.net - All rights reserved
Credits | Contact | Copyright | Privacy Policy



Latest updates
Guestbook 21/10/2018
Event 20/10/2018
News 18/10/2018
Demografic statistics 27/03/2018


Valid HTML 4.01 Strict
CSS Valido!